DOMAIN NAME OWNERSHIP
- The client ("SLD holder") owns the registered domain name ("SLD").
RED6 simply acts on the client's behalf.
- The client agrees that the registration and use of the domain name
comply with the law and do not infringe on the legal rights of a third
DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION
- RED6 agrees that the requested domain name will be registered
in a timely fashion with CORENIC after the client
payment is received, and at most within 7 days after payment.
DOMAIN NAME RENEWAL
- All provisions of this contract are implicitly renewed every year.
RED6 agrees to warn the client at least 30 days before the domain expires,
through electronic mail at the provided contact address. Renewal is
effective only after payment of the yearly fee at the current price.
DOMAIN NAME TRANSFER
- When transfering an existing domain from another registrar,
the domain owner, as indicated in the Whois database of the previous
registrar, is contacted by RED6 to obtain approval. In case RED6
receives no approval, the transfer is considered to have failed.
MINIMAL DURATION OF THIS CONTRACT
- The client agrees not to request transfer of the domain to another
registrar within 60 days after the domain is created, transfered or
PAYMENT OF REGISTRATION FEES
- The client agrees to pay registration, renewal or transfer fees
to RED6, at the current price at the time of said registration,
renewal or transfer. This price can be modified without prior
notice. Any price change does not apply to domains already
- In case the client fails to pay fees owed for a registration,
renewal or transfer, RED6 can put the domain on hold during
up to 30 days as long as fees are due. The domain can then be
deleted by RED6.
- In case of a failure of the registration, renewal or transfer
due to a failure from RED6, RED6 agrees to fully refund fees paid
for this failed registration, renewal or transfer, after at most 60
- The client shall provide RED6 accurate and reliable
contact details and promptly correct and update them during the term of
the SLD registration, including: the full name, postal address, e-mail
address, voice telephone number, and fax number if available of the SLD
holder; name of authorized person for contact purposes in the case of
an SLD holder that is an organization, association, or corporation; and
the following data elements:
a. The name of the SLD being registered and the TLD for which
registration is being requested;
b. The IP addresses of the primary nameserver and secondary
nameserver(s) for the SLD;
c. The corresponding names of those nameservers;
d. The name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone
number, and (where available) fax number of the technical
contact for the SLD; and
e. The name, postal address, e-mail address, voice telephone
number, and (where available) fax number of the
administrative contact for the SLD.
PERSONAL DATA PRIVACY
- Some information (name, address, phone and fax number,
domain name, nameserver names and IP addresses) will be made public
by RED6 according to ICANN rules (Whois directory and bulk access
to this directory as mandated by ICANN). RED6 agrees not to provide
third parties (except Whois directory and bulk access to Whois directory
as mandated by ICANN) with any information other than that which is
necessary for technical operation of the domain name.
- The client consents to the data processing involved in this
- The client represents that notice has been provided to any
third-party individuals whose Personal Data are supplied to RED6 by the
client, and that the client has obtained consent of any such
- RED6 shall take reasonable precautions to protect Personal Data
from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or
PERSONAL DATA ACCURACY
- The client willful provision of inaccurate or unreliable
information, its willful failure promptly to update information
provided to RED6, or its failure to respond for over fifteen calendar
days to inquiries by RED6 concerning the accuracy of contact details
associated with the client's registration shall constitute a material
breach of the contract and be a basis for cancellation of the SLD
- If the client intends to license use of a domain name to a third
party, he is nonetheless the SLD holder of record and is responsible for
providing its own full contact information and for providing and
updating accurate technical and administrative contact information
adequate to facilitate timely resolution of any problems that arise in
connection with the SLD. An SLD holder licensing use of an SLD according
to this provision shall accept liability for harm caused by wrongful use
of the SLD, unless it promptly discloses the identity of the licensee to
a party providing the SLD holder reasonable evidence of actionable harm.
- The client and RED6 agree to attempt to resolve any dispute
between them prior to resorting to litigation.
- The client agrees to be bound by the CORENIC dispute resolution
policy as available at the following URL: http://corenic.org/dispute-policy/
- The client agrees that its registration of the SLD name shall be
subject to suspension, cancellation, or transfer pursuant to any
ICANN-adopted policy, or pursuant to any registrar or registry procedure
not inconsistent with an ICANN-adopted policy, (1) to correct mistakes
by Registrar or the Registry in registering the name or (2) for the
resolution of disputes concerning the SLD name.
- This agreement with RED6 is to be construed in accordance
with and governed by the laws of Chile.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY and INDEMNIFICATION
- The client agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless both RED6,
their directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all and
any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including
reasonable legal fees and expenses, arising out of or relating to the
client's domain name registration or to the client's use of the domain name.